Thursday, September 25, 2008

PANCAKES, BITCHES!!


Yeah. So this title has nothing to do with the post, but my coworker mis-heard me this morning and thought I said... that. I wish I said that. I'd be the coolest m-fucker on the planet if I'd said that. Next time I cook breakfast for someone, or a group of people, it'll be pancakes and I'll be able to say "Pancakes, bitches!!" - for reals.

Anyway, last Saturday I went home to Guelph for the night. My friend Kat and I went out to the Jimmy Jazz to meet a friend. Nat had gone home, but we stumbled across this little gem - The Rest. It was clearly the next best thing.

The Rest are from Hamilton, ON. I really don't know a thing about them. I'm not sure they've hit the touring circuit hard enough to pick up some solid buzz. They have had some shout outs on Iheartmusic.com and PopMatters.com, which is well deserved as far as I'm concerned. I picked up their single Apples & Allergies and just can't stop listening. PS - They're even better live. Every song I heard I fell in love with. On stage, the vocals remind me of bright eyes. Now, I'm not bright eyes' biggest fan, but the Rest's vocals are reminiscent of the "frantic" sound that bright eyes tends to have. And I mean "frantic" in the best sense of the word.

The Rest is my pick for Canada's next big thing. Whoever signs this band will be just as lucky as whoever manages/d to sign Thunderheist.

No comments: