Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i was jealous...

of everyone that could download the new camera obscura album today. i'm impatiently awaiting my downloads to refresh on emusic so i drown myself in the new album. because i was jealous of everyone downloading the new album, i decided to use up my last few downloads for the month on the new ep from the breeders, sans the final song.

i'm a huge pixies/the breeders fan. and, on first listen, i do enjoy the ep. mark lanegan from screaming trees is on one track, "the last time." clearly he's got a major hard-on for leonard cohen. "chances are" is a simple cover of the bob marley tune. "fate to fatal" has a classic breeders vibe. i'm digging it. i'm still pissed i missed them last time they played in toronto. man, i love kim deal.

i also finally broke down and downloaded serena ryder's "is it okay." i'll have to keep you posted on how the album grows on me. i have to be honest - i've never been a fan of the way her albums are produced and mixed. i think her songs would just sound better stripped down. i LOVE her voice though. she's an amazing singer. i wish i could bend around notes like she does. she's a real artist. there's just part of me that really wishes she'd work with a different producer and veer away from the a/c sound and feel her albums seem to have, in my opinion anyway.

"little bit of red" is my favourite track, hands down. i love it. i especially love singing it in the shower. it also makes me dance around my room when i'm making my bed. it's true. totally just happened, like, 15 minutes ago. why i was making my bed at 10:15 pm is beyond me, but hey.


No comments: